StrataBlock™ reinforced soil wall is a composite system consisting of concrete block units in combination with a mass of soil which is reinforced and stabilised by StrataGrid™. StrataBlock™ wall units have a built-in slope and are self-aligning. They are cast with an inter-locking system in the form of an anchor key built into each unit which enables the alignment of blocks. Another key feature offered by StrataBlock™units is the build-up of a vertical stone column (via aggregates) which adds additional stability to the wall.
- Provides 100% soil coverage for StrataGrid™ reinforcement
- Casting of blocks can start even before finalization of drawings
- No requirement of specialized machines for erection because of easy manual handling
- Can tolerate high differential settlements
- Lead to significant cost and time savings
- Walls built are virtually maintenance free
- Shape of the blocks creates staggered hollows that are filled with aggregates (drainage fill) which gives additional stability to the wall